- MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATE - Security Fundamentals, Networking Fundamentals
- ADOBE CERTIFIED EXPERT - Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign
- INTUIT - Quickbooks
- CompTIA - A+, Security+, Network+
- INFORMATION & COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY - ICT Essentials - Levels 1,2, and 3
MSi courseware features:
24/7 Access for Students and Educators
Students can progress through assignments, simulations and assessments, review their gradebook, and communicate with their teacher from their desktop or personal devices. With online access, educators can modify courseware content, open completed student assignments, view the gradebook and analytics, and communicate with students.
The courseware is adaptable for virtual or classroom-based programs. Teachers have the flexibility to tailor the syllabus to fit different classes with specific course timelines, grading policies, contact information and more.
Each lesson has clear learning goals, and is competency-based relevant to state DOE frameworks and industry certification exam objectives. Planning materials include:
- A suggested Course Scope and Sequence; lesson plans can be customized to suit period or block scheduling variations;
- A Framework/Curriculum Matrix for specific correlation to state DOE framework competencies;
- Lesson Plan template for each lesson including Marzano’s Domain 1 Lesson Planning strategies as well as instructional strategies; teachers can modify lesson plans to accommodate specific requirements.
Textbooks— Digital and Print Versions
A typical package includes 150 licenses for the eBook version of the text; hard copy textbooks are also available by special order.
Simulations are integrated into the courseware to acclimate students to theactual industry certification testing environment.
Practice Exercises and Projects
Subject matter experts design each exercise to reflect a typical workplace scenario, with relevancy to the student audience. Culminating chapter projects test technical application as well as problem-solving skills and are an opportunity for students to deepen and apply new knowledge in a real-world situation. Solution files and answer keys are rubric-based to ensure continuity in evaluating student work.
A self-grading quiz has been incorporated into each unit for teachers and students to evaluate proficiency. The LMS provides flexibility for the teacher to set specific parameters which may allow students to retake a quiz if warranted and to move forward in the courseware once they have demonstrated competency.
Industry Certification Practice Exams
Comprehensive practice exams look and feel like the actual industry certification exam and are an insightful indicator of a student’s test readiness. Based on student performance on a timed simulation, teachers can more accurately determine when students are prepared to successfully pass the industry certification exam on the first attempt. This promotes student confidence, helps to eliminate wasted exam vouchers and reduces test administration costs.
LMS Gradebook and Analytics
Simulations, activities, quizzes and projects are automatically graded and entered into the LMS gradebook, which interfaces with district grading systems. Real-time analytics can be generated on command and reports can be customized to fit your exact needs.